Want to learn more?
VR School – Insights into immersive virtual reality in real schools
Further information for those interested in studying at the University of Newcastle.
Support for Research and Higher Degree Students can be found at:
Critical Ed (Tech) Bloggers
Australian Education bloggers:
Free stock photos (helpful for blog posts and teaching resources) can be found at Pexels.
Adobe spark allows you to make great teaching resources (memes, posts, videos and pages) which you can embed into a LMS. I use photos from Pexels to make these pretty.
I’ve made pages on:
- The Researcher’s Digital Footprint
- SES, Class and Privilege
- Strong and Smart: Indigeneity and Education in Australia
The explainer videos that populate these pages can be found on my Youtube channel.
Please see links (click on the download buttons below) to new apps developed by members of the School of Education (led by Dr. Erica Southgate) to aid in study and literacy skills.
- Uni Tune In. This free app gives handy hints on note-taking, understanding assessment, reading research papers, academic writing and much, much more. The videos are integrated into the app so no internet is needed. For a great start, Tune In To Uni.
- Apostrophe Power. When apostrophes leave you confused, bored or both, recharge with the Apostrophe Power game. It’s fun, fast, easy to play, and a great way to get better at using apostrophes. Available free to download now.
- Sentence Hero. Do punctuation and grammar leave you feeling flat? Grab an energy boost with the Sentence Hero game. It’s the fun, fast and easy-to-play way to help you get your writing right. Available freeto download now.
The Seahorse Project: Study Skill Resources for University and College Students. A wide range of fun and informative video resources addressing learning, well-being and technology at university. Visit the YouTube channel with free resources available for integration into learning support and courses.
A YouTube playlist that explains transition pedagogy and curriculum design for first year students in the context of widening participation and the massification of higher education.
ABC Radio’s The Philosopher’s Zone, Facts and Trust in a Post-truth World, 15th Oct, 2017.
Digital literacy in the Facebook age on ABC Radio National. An interview I gave late 2015.